Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Jump Jump

Getting stuck in a workout rut is far too easy.  30 min treadmill, 30 min elliptical, weights for 20 minutes... you know the deal.
I cannot stress the importance of finding different and interesting classes at your gym, leaving it up to the instructor to push you to that next level.  (Yes, I know I'm bias)  I often find myself spinning or kettle bell training far too often, aside from the typical race training.  Last night, I decided to 'switch it up' and take urban rebounding, something I hadn't done since my co-op days in NYC- Summer 2007.  I left class dripping with sweat, smiling, feeling stress free.  Sometimes we need a change to break the rut, trick our body and ultimately lead to positive change. 
If you haven't tried urban reboudning, I challenge you to take a few jumps.  It looks harder than it is!  If you can step, you can rebound!  And, it's much easier on the joints.  Give it a shot, go play, have fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment