Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Kettlebells causing change

I flipped off my bike and broke my clavicle almost a year ago to date.  Since then, I worked with John Workman (the best trainer Vida has to offer) to try to regain strength in my left shoulder and reteach my body how to use the muscles surrounding the collar bone.  After months of isolation exercises, I began kettlebell training... and learned I loved to hate it. 
I've now been training in a small group with kettle bells at least 2-3 times a week since March.  Initially, I still couldn't do a perfect pushup.  I warmed up for training yesterday with a quick 30 pushups.  It's incredible how those 30-45 minutes of solely kettle bell training has changed my body.  I love it.  I love to hate it.  But, it works.  Why do we all keep coming back to it?  Because we see results. 
 Kettle bells combines training into one fluid body motion- instead of isolating separate muscles.  As you swing you engage your legs, butt, CORE, arms while keeping a packed shoulder.  There's much more bang for your buck.  In a world where we're all pressed for time, I can't think of anything better.   

No comments:

Post a Comment