Friday, April 16, 2010

Throw IT- just don't let go!

Yes, I'm talking about the infamous kettlebell.  The kettlebell focuses on muscle integration not isolation.  The drills require multiple muscle groups to work in unison in order to perform correctly.  The core and the back are the stability of all kettlebell exercises.  The day after my first set of kettlebell swings, my back was TIGHT (consider this your warning).  Nonetheless, it indicated I needed to strength my back to even out my core muscles.  (My 2nd day of kettlebells was far better). 

The most fundamental kettlebell exercise is the famous swing.  It combines a squat, a thrust and a lateral raise into one fluid movement. 
Find a trainer who can assist you for your first set of swings.  This odd shaped chunk of iron is addictive and the possibility of drills are endless!

No comments:

Post a Comment